Working through the Newton Agham Programme, the British Council and the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) are pleased to offer Newton PhD Scholarships.
The aim of the CHED Newton PhD Scholarships is to facilitate the capacity building of individuals, and the building of sustainable, long-lasting links between the UK and the Philippines.
The programme is jointly funded by the Newton Agham Programme and the Commission on Higher Education and offers full-time PhD scholarships for Filipino researchers at a UK higher education institution from January 2018 until March 2021.
For an applicant to be considered for the CHED Newton PhD Scholarship, the applicant must:
- > be a Filipino citizen and must be in the first five years of their research career (measured from date when applicant obtained Master’s degree);
- > be a faculty or staff member of a Philippine higher education institution;
- > have a Master’s degree;
- > be in good health condition, as certified by licenced medical doctor;
- > National Bureau of Investigation clearance fit for international travel; and
- > pass all screening procedures, including a formal letter of acceptance to a PhD programme in a UK university.
16.00 UK time 13 June 2017.
For guidelines, more information, and online application please visit this link