International Society for Southeast Asian Agricultural Sciences (ISSAAS)
in collaboration with the University Academic Research Council of the Central Luzon State University (CLSU) and the Philippine Carabao Center (PCC)
ISSAAS PHILIPPINES 2016
National Congress and General Meeting
Theme: Confronting the Challenges of Food Security and Environmental Protection through Smart Farming Practices in the Midst of ASEANization
October 16-19, 2016
Philippine Carabao Center, Science City of Munoz, Nueva Ecija, Philippines
The International Society for Southeast Asian Agricultural Sciences (ISSAAS) was organized by agricultural scientists, technical experts and scholars in Asia, particularly Southeast Asia primarily to strengthen cooperation among member - countries and to bring together groups of professionals from different countries with common interests on agricultural development in the region.
The main objective of the society is to encourage the holistic approach to problems and to promote the progress and development of science and technology through research and publication, and the outcome is to be for regional agricultural development. ISSAAS member -scientists have created significant contributions in the advancement of agricultural development for the last 21 years of its existence.
The University Academic Research Council of the Central Luzon State University and the Philippine Carabao Center take pride in hosting the 2016 ISSAAS National Congress. The theme for this year’s congress is Confronting the Challenges of Food Security and Environmental Protection through Smart Farming Practices in the Midst of ASEANization
The following are the sub-themes:
Sub-Theme I. Food Security
Sub-Theme II. Environmental Sustainability
Sub-Theme III. Smart Farming
Sub-Theme IV. Agricultural Policies and International Studies
CALL FOR PAPERS
The International Society for Southeast Asian Agricultural Sciences (ISSAAS) in collaboration with the Central Luzon State University and the Philippine Carabao Center is inviting all ISSAAS and prospective members to submit scientific papers or posters which are related to the following disciplines:
- Agricultural Production
- Environmental Protection and Conservation
- Agricultural Chemistry
- Aquatic & Fishery Science
- Forest and Forest Products Science
- Agro-Engineering and Biosystems Engineering
- Agricultural Science in Society and Economy
- Food Technology, Security & Safety
- Agro-biological Resources
- Bio-business Management
Who should submit?
ISSAAS members and incoming members are encouraged to submit their research abstracts which are relevant to the theme in consideration for oral and poster presentations.
Submissions should be in conformity with the following guidelines:
- The paper should be within the sub-themes (food security, environmental sustainability, smart farming, agricultural policies and international studies)
- At least one of the authors must be an ISSAAS member or an incoming member.
- The one – page abstract with a maximum of 500 words should highlight the importance of the work, with brief methodology and significant findings.
- The title should be in bold-faced capital letters and centered, with the text in 12 point Times New Roman.
- The name(s) of the author(s) should be centered with a two – line space from the title; the name of the presenter should be underlined. If there are more than one author, superscript numbers must be used to indicate affiliation.
- The affiliation of the author(s) should be centered and italicized. It should be one-line space down from the name(s) of the author(s). Email address of the corresponding author must also be indicated.
- Include at least 5 key words which should be one – line space down from the text of the abstract.
- Indicate if the abstract is for oral or poster presentation. All poster papers will be considered for competition.
- Electronic copy of the abstract in MS Office Word must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before September 15, 2016.
Guidelines in the Preparation of Poster
- Posters should conform to the following format: (a) 30” x 40” size, (b) orientation – portrait layout; (c) material – tarpaulin or heavy coated paper; (d) color mix – shall fit to a light display background; and (e) content layout – freestyle.
- The general content shall include: (a) Title; Researcher/s Name and Institutional Affiliation; (b) Introduction; (c) Materials and Methods; (d) Results and Discussion; (e) Conclusions and Recommendations; (f) Literature Cited; and (g) Acknowledgements.
- The Committee on Paper Presentation reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation, whether oral or poster presentations. The presenters will be advised by email on the acceptance of their paper submissions by September 20, 2016 at the latest.
- Accepted oral presenters are kindly requested to convert their Powerpoint presentations to Adobe PDF with file name (Last and First Name of Main Author and Date of Submission). and submit to email@example.com on or before September 30, 2016.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the Conference Proceedings.